Friday 3 January 2014

Stampin' Up! Creative Design Contest

Last year (2013!) Stampin' Up held a creative design contest open to all European Stampin' Up! demonstrators. You could enter up to two projects, a card, scrapbook page or 3D item, the only limitation being that it used only current Stampin' Up products.  They would display the entries at the Stampin' Up European Convention in Manchester, there was also a prize, (Stampin; Up shopping spree) for the winner and two runners up for each country, (UK, France, Germany, Austria and the Netherlands).  As my foot was in plaster at the time I thought it would keep me occupied so I decided to make one of my mini albums. I came up with a new hinge system which when I discovered, when I had finished the album, didn't work how I anticipated so I had to cut the cover open and do some adjustments. After putting it back together I sent it off and forgot about it. At convention I was over the moon to find out that my little album had been chosen as Runner Up!
Here is my album:

I used the Epic Day DSP and washi tape, Morning Post, Baby Prints and That's the Ticket stamp sets. I made the front and back covers using the hard board we get in the glimmer card and specialty DSP to keep it flat. Its covered with Epic Day DSP, the spine is made from canvas creation which I stamped, heat embossed and sponged to match the paper. The canvas is a great material to use on the spine as it is strong but very flexible.
This is a close up of part of the canvas and front decoration. I had lots of fun using different techniques, embossing, emboss resist and sponging to give it a grungy look. I used Stampin' Up! trim to close, tie the album, it doesn't look it but it's so soft to use, I love the feel of it and added to the different textures on the cover, canvas, DSP, Embossing and washi tape. The two 'tickets' are held on with a Hung Up Cute Clip.
 This photo gives you a peak of the pages inside and is from Stampin' Up's face book page here, (you can see all the winning entries on there, there are some gorgeous projects so take a look, I love the coffee cup and the Fairy Lights).

I will tell you more about the inside pocket pages in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment