Saturday 28 September 2013

Decorated Spiral Bound Notebook

At class this week we covered and decorated spiral bound notebooks. These are great to make for yourself and also make a lovely personalised gift for someone special.  I think hardest part of the class for the ladies was deciding which papers to use, I should know by now not to give people choices!
Here is a notebook I have covered using paper from the new In Colours DSP stack - I love the new patterns we have,I have used pistachio pudding, crisp cantaloupe, strawberry slush and baked brown sugar.
I used hearts a flutter and all dressed up framelits and the morning post alphabet.
 I fastened the elasticated ruffled ribbon to the back inside cover, as it is stretchy it makes a great closure.
 I lined the inside of the book with whisper white card and made a little pocket for the inside front cover.
Pop back to my blog tomorrow and I will have a tutorial showing you how to cover a spiral bound note book. 
If you would like to come to one of my classes please email me, it is a great way of learning and sharing ideas with fellow crafters, there is usually a lot of giggles, laughter and chocolate biscuits.  My craft club once a fortnight is £7.50 and I have a loyalty card, come to five classes and get the 6th free, a couple of my ladies made got their notebooks for free this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment