Friday 9 November 2012

No Waste Criss Cross Card

I have been admiring some Criss Cross cards I've seen but wasn't sure how to make them. I had a look on you tube, (what would I do without it!) and it seemed a lot of card stock to use for one card but then I found this tutorial. The no waste criss cross card, you can make it out of half an A6 card blank by cutting your card front in half diagonally then flip the traingle you have cut off over to stick back on the card, (watch the video it will make sense - promise). My photo's are just a guide I found it better if the triangle still attached to the card is on the right side and not the left as in this picture. Just fold your card the other way to do this

Cut a piece of DSP 14.3 cm x 10cm then cut this in half diagonally as in card front, Flip a triangle over and adhere to your card front triangles, I used the festival of prints DSP stack as it's nearly the right size. I used the scallop trim border punch and added strips of that before sticking my card and making the pocket  I used a piece of card at back as a stand.
Here is my card, I used Greetings of the season and that new hostess set out the seasonal catalogue - the name has deserted me.  Colour scheme is cherry cobbler and lucky limeade and I added some tulle ribbon.



No comments:

Post a Comment