Friday 16 November 2012

Lovely as a Tree, salt and brayering

One of my favourite stamp sets is Stampin' Up's Lovely as a Tree, it is so versatile, great for men's cards, sympathy, Christmas, etc. My first card is a very simple Christmas card, the sentiment is from greetings of the Season and the colour is Midnight Muse.

I then dusted my brayer off and tried a little winter landscape using pacific point, (my new favourite!) and a post-it note punched circle to mask my moon. The snowy effect was made by using table salt, sprinkle it over your card, roll it through the big shot then brush off, brayer as usual.


We practised brayering in the Wednesday class last week, doing some things for a calender we are making, I will show you it once we've finished. It was nice to try a new technique and some ladies took to it like a fish to water! If you would like to come along to one of my classes just let me know. I will be setting a  new schedule for next year so keep checking and if there is anything in particular you would like to do I will try and fit it into the schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Love the effect you get with salt. Sadly I was not one of the ladies that took to this technique lol.

    ReplyDelete