Sunday 30 September 2012

Stampin' Up! Ornament Keepsakes

I have been playing with the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and matching framelits, you can make some absolutely stunning ornaments with them, (as well as cards, scrapbook pages etc). I have made an ornament like the one on the front of the autumn and winter catalogue, they do take quite a lot of time but are well worth the effort. I am not going to show you that today though, instead I will tell you out the one I made using designer series paper, these are equally stunning but a lot quicker to make.  Just take a sheet of 12" x 12" DSP ( I used some retired paper to practise on), score it at 3", 6" and 9" and fold, then cut out your ornaments using the framelits, it will cut through all four layers so you only have to run it through the big shot 5 times to get 20, how good is that!  I used another 12" x 6" piece of DSP scored/folded at 3" to make the smaller ornament but I have since discovered a more economical version. After you have cut out your ornaments keep the paper folded and cut out some diamond shaped ornaments (it should fit between the gaps of the bigger ornament), so you only need to use one sheet of DSP. I will show you that another time as well!

A closer look, I used some loops of old olive satin ribbon, (retires today) a snow flurry die cut snowflake and a button for the centre.
Sorry I forgot to take a photo of the back but I stamped Noel from the Seasonal Greetings stamp set and punched it out with 1 3/4" circle punch and stuck it in the centre, it looked very nice, honest! These are a lot quicker to make than the stamped ornaments but of course use more costly products (DSP rather than card stock) so you have to weigh up do you want to save time or money!

1 comment: