Sunday 5 February 2012

A sewing first!

I got a new sewing machine which arrived Friday so I have been having a little play.  Haven't used a sewing machine in over 20 years so any seasoned sewers look away now!
This is my first effort made of calico -cheap to practise on - I got the tutorial from here mine is a lot plainer as I didn't want to spoil any lovely fabric.

I ironed some wonder web on to the fabric and die cut the flowers using the fun flower die and ironed them on to my bag.  If I make this bag again I will do this before I sew the pocket on then I can edge it with zig zag stitch for a more professional look, although the flowers will stay on without this if you are reluctant to pick up a needle.  There's a lot of room for improvement but not bad for a first atempt and perfecr for Jessica's book bag as her uniform is red.

No comments:

Post a Comment