Saturday 31 December 2011

A Rose is a Rose

I thought I would share with you the lovely stamp set that Claire, my SU 'Mum' gave me for Christmas.  This stamp set retired before I new about Stampin' Up so I missed out on buying it so I was really excited about getting it for Christmas.
Here is the card I made using it.

Although the stamp set is retired everything else is current. I used the very vintage wheel in the background and the sentiments are from the happiest birthday wishes hostess stamp set, the one on the front fits the scallop circle punch perfectly but I punched the centre out and mounted it on the scallop circle. I used the latice square embossing folder for some texture in the background and the top note die for the card front and insert.  The top note has to be one of my favourite dies as it is so versatile.  Colour scheme is rose, olive green and crumb cake. To get the 2 different shades of red stamp onscrap first then it's a lighter shade on your card.

No comments:

Post a Comment