Wednesday 18 May 2011

My old photos - envelope album

I had a go at an envelope album the other day, an idea from a video by Stampin Dawn on you tube.  It's a lovely idea and easy to do, or so I thought, until I went to stick the envelopes in the folder and realised english envelopes must be bigger than US ones! Oh dear, never mind I just had to fold the sides of the envelopes in. I will have to alter the measurements of the folder to fit our envelopes.

Here is my album, it is made from a 12 x 12 sheet of baja breeze card and I have used springtime vintage papers to decorate, it matches perfectly with the cardstock I used. I made a flower out of 2 punched circle scalloped circles I embossed a piece of crumb cake card and cut it with top note die and my initials are stamped using the broadsheet stamp set. 


 The album opens up into 3 sections, I couldn't really photograph this properly but here's my attempt.
You stick the envelopes together, I used 5 bt you could do less or maybe 6, then attach to the centre of the album, you need to watch Dawns video although I will probably make this album when I do an all day class. I made inserts with very vanilla card stock and tabs using the decorative label punch. 
Here are some more pictures 


I think this is a lovely way of preserving some photos, they had previously been stuck in draws. I will progress to scrap books as I won  a lovely one in the raffle at the training last saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous album, well done. Really must get used to doing scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete